CausePlanet subscribers can join us each month for a live author interview via webcast. These interviews are action-packed with real questions submitted by readers, making the most of our time with these experts. Subscribers tell us they love our format and find each session with the authors extremely informative. Discover what past interview attendees are saying below and register for our featured author interview. If you can't attend an interview, no worries. Subscribers can download archives as well. Not a subscriber yet? Learn more.
May 29: Author interview with Steve Rothschild: 7 principles of success proven in both corporate and social sectors
Join us for CausePlanet's author interview with Steve Rothschild, author of The NON Nonprofit: For-Profit Thinking for Nonprofit Success
- Benefit from the author's unique perspective and his
revelation of consistent principles he has implemented as an
accomplished business leader and as a CEO of a thriving nonprofit.
- Explore the author's seven key principles for success through examples from his organization and many other nonprofits.
- Identify ways to prove and boost your impact and long-term outcomes.
why the author's missteps and achievements have led him to identify
universal principles applicable to both corporate and nonprofit
Bring your questions for Rothschild to the interview or submit them below in your registration. We look forward to touching on the book's highlights through your questions.
"Today's author interview contained excellent conversation that provided numerous quick action steps to help me make a difference in my workplace. Many thanks."
Dr. Lise Anne Slatten, Managing Director, Right Place Management Consulting
"Thank you so much for hosting the author interview today with Marty Teitel. I am new to my organization and thrilled to learn of your resources. It was a great session, and I look forward to more in the future."
Cindy Chang, Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, Community Shares of Colorado
"Thank you for author interview; it was very informative and inspiring. It helped us affirm we are headed in the right direction."
Laura Brucia Hamm, Executive Director, The Center For Families
"The Page to Practice™ highlights of 'The End of Fundraising' were great. This particular webinar provided me with the insight I need for a current project. The information conveyed has allowed me to think differently in relation to today's new economy and the importance of selling impact in the nonprofit environment. Thank you. "
Lisa Crosslin, Dallas, TX
"Loving this unique and creative service - thanks again."
John Jansen, Executive Director, Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee
"Thank you for doing such a wonderful job presenting our book. The premises of the book were portrayed with great accuracy. As you can imagine, this is very helpful for board and staff members in the nonprofit field who may find our ideas challenging. We were also very impressed with the precision of your summaries. Well done! Again, our sincere appreciation to you for the fine treatment of our book."
Richard and Anna Linzer, co-authors of "The Cash Flow Solution"
"Keeping talented employees is the greatest asset of a successful nonprofit organization. A CausePlanet subscription is a cost-efficient and effective way to offer high-quality professional development resources to motivated staff members and allow them to self-direct their learning."
Alyssa Kopf, CEO, Community Shares of Colorado
"The live author interview this month was very helpful! It was practical and immediately useful. Can't think of a way to improve it. Thank you."
Sue Brown, Executive Director, Teaching Responsible Earth Education
"CausePlanet articles and book summaries are invaluable to learning about hot topics and I am also exposed to tremendous resources for my organization."
Sidney Courtice, Consultant and Coach, Learning Renewal
"I love my Page to Practice subscription. It's such a great resource for me because I can stay on top of fresh strategies and techniques for my clients."
Kimberly Sherwood, Principal, Third Sector Group
"CausePlanet has been a tremendous help to me in founding my organization. Page to Practice™ allows me to be up-to-date in the nonprofit sector. I highly recommend CausePlanet to anyone - not just those involved in nonprofits."
Lacey Books, Founder, Youth Roots
"I absolutely recommend the reading at CausePlanet and I'm impressed with the site. In fact, we recently distributed a CausePlanet article for board chairs and CEOs at our national leadership meeting. As a Page to Practice subscriber, I'm able to review new ideas featured each month or choose specific book summaries from the archives."
Deborah Long, Senior Vice President, Governance and Corporate Administration, Girl Scouts of the USA
"Over the years, I've attended quite a few webinars. This author interview was superior. I am long an admirer of the work of Kay Sprinkel Grace. I have seen her speak live several times and know of the program she spoke about. This was excellent. Many thanks for a great webinar!"
Julie Condy, Executive Director/Founder, Stage to Stage, Inc.
"Wow, wow, wow. I am so impressed. Great, great work. I wish there were more enterprises that engaged with books in their field as seriously as you have here. Really great, it's an honor for us all."
Richard Nash, Founder, Cursor Publishing
"I really enjoy the articles and information, and am referring my clients to CausePlanet as a meaty resource for nonprofit managers and board members."
Pat Sterner, Owner, JFB & Associates
"I greatly appreciated your thoughtful review of 'Exposing the Elephants' and feel that your site provides a needed service for time-starved nonprofit leaders. Keep up the good work."
Pamela Wilcox, author of "Exposing the Elephants"
"CausePlanet is cutting edge. CausePlanet is the most promising resource I have come across for bringing new insights and analyses to busy nonprofit professionals in a form that they can readily and quickly digest. It's a difference-maker!"
Robert Manzer, Chief Operating Officer, Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations (TANO)
"Page to Practice from CausePlanet is simply the smartest product for nonprofit professionals we've seen in years. In this age, information rules: Nonprofits in the know have an edge in fundraising, mission delivery and measurable impact. As a state association of nonprofits, LANO sees the link between informed decision-making and across the board success. We recommend CausePlanet to all our members."
Matt Mullenix, Vice President of Public Relations, Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations
"This live author interview was very informative. I learned a lot and now know that I have a lot of work to do. I will quickly purchase the book. Thank you for sharing her message."
Bobbie Clark, Executive Director, Applied Literacy and Learning
"Excellent conversation in the author interview! Thanks!"
Tristi Charpentier, Corporate Giving Administrator, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation
"A very informational author interview. The tips and examples given when answering the questions were very useful to me as a small nonprofit organization."
Eileen Kennedy, Board President, UMC Wesley Foundation at Southern University, Baton Rouge
"The CausePlanet author presentation was great and very informative. Thank you!"
Felicia Williams, President/Founder, Chosen Generation Community Outreach
"This webinar has opened exciting conversation in our office! Thank you for hosting this interview!"
Jena Sharpton, Development Manager, Shreveport Regional Arts Council
"Great content and questions. Really brought the concepts in the book to life and provided practical applications. It was a very well-run interview."
Meredith Badler, Project Coordinator, Corona Insights
"This meeting was very helpful. I was glad we were able to ask our own questions rather than simply hear the author answer questions an interviewer thought might be helpful. This is my first time participating in an event like this and I appreciated how clear the steps to log in and ask questions were made. I learned a lot and I was given some great new resources. I'm glad these are monthly events!"
Lesley Sideck, Development Officer, Preservation Resource Center/Rebuilding Together New Orleans
||Author interview with Cheryl Clarke about "Storytelling for Grantseekers" - Posted: Apr 2013
- Discover how the storytelling approach applies to grants and other fundraising communications such as appeal letters and case statements.
- Learn why crafting a persuasive summary, packaging a compelling narrative story, and using a short story approach with letters of inquiry are the keys to securing your grant.
- Cultivate techniques to prepare for grantseeking, engage the entire development staff and board, and maintain positive relations with funders.
- Uncover suggestions for planning and hosting site visits.
||Author interview with Bill Mott about "The Board Game" - Posted: Mar 2013
- Discover tools and skills to meet ongoing challenges when working with a volunteer board.
- Develop the single most important relationship needed for organizational success.
- Identify which board members have the best interest of the organization at heart.
- Recognize the true leaders on the board who possess the skills to advance the organization.
||Author interview with Michael Stallard about "Fired Up or Burned Out" - Posted: Mar 2013
- Find out why a sense of emotional connection is necessary for people and organizations to thrive.
- Discover the three essential elements to creating a “connection culture” (a culture that increases connection among people).
- Learn how to apply the elements of a connection culture to increase connection in your organization.
- Find out how to develop the habits and character strengths that increase connection.
||Author interview with Aaron Hurst about "Powered by Pro Bono" - Posted: Feb 2013
- Learn how to further your mission by partnering with businesses in a low-to-no-cost manner.
- Use a groundbreaking model for enlisting pro bono assistance that rivals philanthropy.
- Discover how you can make pro bono assistance work for your organization with five easy principles.
- Uncover four tests to measure great pro bono engagements.
||Author interview with Julia Walker about "A Fundraising Guide for Nonprofit Board Members" - Posted: Nov 2012
- Learn how to tap the energy and enthusiasm of every one of your board members.
- Transform your passive board members into active fundraisers who support the entire development process.
- Cultivate your personal fundraising skills while understanding the board’s role in every facet of development.
- Discover how to ask for donations, train board members, hire a chief advancement officer, review the ins and outs of galas, prepare for a successful call and more.
||Author interview with Lester Olmstead-Rose about "The Nonprofit Business Plan" - Posted: Oct 2012
- Find out what six questions every planning team should answer at the beginning of the business planning process.
- Understand the method for assessing the health of an organization’s current business model.
- Determine what the basic framework is for creating your plan and discover the specific financial tools nonprofit leaders can use.
- Learn about the important differences between strategic planning and business planning and how the two efforts should interact with one another.
||Author interview with Martin Teitel about "The Ultimate Insider’s Guide to Winning Foundation Grants" - Posted: Aug 2012
- Eliminate the smoke and mirrors of grant seeking and learn about inside practices you need to know.
- Understand what the misguided myths are about foundations.
- Discover the red flags, guidelines and common mistakes when developing your proposals.
- Explore the author’s insights about winning proposals, meeting the funder and making site visits.
||Author interview with Beverly Schwartz: A look at the world's most inspiring "changemakers" - Posted: Jul 2012
- Restructure industry norms as did the executive director who inspired teaching excellence in American public schools.
- Change market dynamics similar to a Kenyan local who revolutionized farmers' abilities to eliminate under-bidding and leverage the best prices for commodities.
- Use market forces to create social value like a Peace Corps veteran who introduced Fair Trade USA with American consumers.
- Advance full citizenship similar to Argentina's efforts to reconnect the mentally ill with society and vice versa.
- Cultivate empathy like the Canadians do with Roots of Empathy, ending aggressive behavior among children.
||Interview with Emily Davis about "Fundraising and the Next Generation" - Posted: Jun 2012
- Explore how your organization can better use the next generation of volunteers to support the mission of your organization.
- Gain insight into the motivations and opinions of next-generation donors to help expand the focus of your fundraising efforts.
- Ask hard questions and integrate strategies that better serve your organization’s mission for long-term sustainability.
- Find out how to engage your staff and volunteers in conversations about fundraising across generations.
||Author interview with Christopher Kush about "The One-Hour Activist" - Posted: May 2012
- Learn how to distinguish your meeting requests, letters, emails and calls among the flood of communications elected officials receive.
- Understand why lawmakers crave your personal stories and how you can leverage your opinions in media pitches and meetings.
- Discover the powerful ways to influence candidates so you represent more than a single vote on Election Day.
- Find out how to set a legislative agenda, analyze bills and follow the issues that impact your organization.
||Author interview with Kay Sprinkel Grace about "The Ultimate Board Member's Book" - Posted: Apr 2012
- Discover what kind of board members you need to operate at maximum effectiveness.
- Ensure all members—novice and veteran alike—are “on the same page” with respect to roles and responsibilities.
- Find out what the core attributes are of high performing boards.
- Learn from the author’s “real world” experiences in all aspects of board performance--from how to de-enlist members to effective recruiting.
||Author interview with Tom Ahern about "Seeing Through a Donor's Eyes" - Posted: Mar 2012
- Learn how to make a persuasive case for everything from your annual drive to your planned giving program to your capital campaign.
- Discover what your donors want to read or hear when deciding how to support your organization.
- Find out what the triggers are for engaging your constituency and motivating action.
- Apply a winning framework that is donor-centric and demonstrates how well you understand your readers and listeners.
||Author interview with Jocelyne Daw about "Breakthrough Nonprofit Branding: Seven Principles to Power Extraordinary Results" - Posted: Feb 2012
- Discover the seven principles that transformed eleven visionary nonprofits with vastly different characteristics and challenges.
- Transform your brand from an ordinary trademark to a strategic competitive advantage.
- Find out how to propel your organization forward despite inconsistent community support.
- Learn how to build a brand that demonstrates value, fosters deep relationships within your community and increases social impact.